Internet and Drone Industry Facts
- There are now 3.74 billion Internet users in the world as at March 2017.
- Projected number of drones in the US by 2020: 7 million
- The number of people using the Internet in China is more than double the population of the U.S.
- The internet influenced sales to the tune of $2.1 trillion in 2016.
- Estimated number of commercial drones in the air in 2018: 600,000
- Over 2 million blog posts are published on the Internet every day.
- Over 5.5 billion Google searches are made every day.
- There are 1,547 domain name extensions (TLDs) as at the 17th of August 2017.
- The most expensive domain name ever sold is LasVegas.com, which was bought in 2005 for a $90 million.
- As at August 2017, there are 1.24 billion websites in the world.
- Percentage of Americans interested in drone deliveries: 47%
- Largest concern about drone deliveries among Americans: Theft Concerns (72%) and Damaged Packages (72%)
- Top industry using drones in America: Photography
- The world’s first website was published on August 6, 1991 by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee.
- 51.8 percent of all internet traffic comes from bots, while only 48.2 percent of internet traffic comes from humans.
- Google is the world’s most visited website, followed by Youtube and Facebook. Chinese search engine Baidu is the world’s fourth most visited website.
- The e-commerce industry is responsible for about $2 trillion in annual sales.
- 95 percent of Americans shop online at least yearly.
- Second largest industry using drones in America: Real Estate
- People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online.
- Men spend 28 percent more money online than women.
- Of the sales that occur through online marketplaces, Amazon is responsible for about 80 percent of sales.
- The best day to send an email is on a Wednesday, and the worst day to send an email is on a Thursday.
- 8 out of 10 consumers will shop online if offered free shipping.
- Project size of the drone industry in 2020: $13 Billion
- There are more mobile Internet users than desktop Internet users. There are 3.5 billion global mobile Internet users as at August 2017.
- 72 percent of females and 59 percent of males have abandoned a purchase due to shipping costs.
- 78 percent of shoppers want e-commerce sites to include more images on their products pages.
- There are 2.79 billion active social media users in the world. This is an increase of 21 percent from 2016.
- Facebook now has over 2.01 billion monthly active users.
- Projected value of the drone industry by 2025: $90 Billion
- Instagram has 700 million monthly active users. 28 percent of adult internet users use Instagram.
- Twitter has 328 million monthly active users.
- LinkedIn has 112.5 million monthly active users.
- Projected number of small, hobbyist drones in use by 2021: 3.5 million
- Social media influences the shopping activities of 23 percent of online shoppers.
- Social media ad spend is expected to overtake newspaper ad spend by 2019.
High Falls Flowage is man-made lake from damming the Peshtigo River and is located in Marinette County. It is a 1,400+ acre lake and 54 feet at its deepest spot. Fish include Musky, Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike and Walleye. This drone aerial was taken on July 25, 2017 from the Johnson Falls Natural Area by Gary Michael Arndt of Fox Valley Web Design.
Fox Valley Web Design is located in northeastern Wisconsin. We provide responsive website development, affordable hosting, SEO services, drone aerial photos & videography, and 360 virtual tour photography.
Wrightstown is one of the oldest communities in Wisconsin. The name “Wrightstown” was declared in 1854 in honor of its founder, Hoel S. Wright, who along with Carl G. Mueller, and Charles West Day are considered early pioneers of Brown County. Charles’ parents, Otis and Elmira Day, immigrated from New York to Wisconsin in 1849. Their family traveled across the Great Lakes from Buffalo, New York, until they reached Wrightstown in 1850. Lucien Wright and his father Hoel sold Otis 80 acres of land to build a cabin of basswood boughs.
During the 1850s to 1860s, dense timber covered the land. This caused work for many, including the Day family. The family made 75 cents a load by making shingles by hand which were then hauled to De Pere by ox.
Charles West Day married Juliette Chase on July 3, 1860. They had seven children, but two died during infancy. Otis Day died on June 20, 1882. His wife died eight years later on May 7, 1890.
New Wrightstown village website by Fox Valley Web Design LLC: http://wrightstown.us
The website of the Wisconsin Historical Society features a wealth of digital resources, including the Dictionary of Wisconsin History, with over 8,000 entries on Wisconsin people, places, things, and events; and a wide range of online exhibitions from the Wisconsin Historical Museum.