Happy Memorial Day
Internet and Drone Industry Facts
- There are now 3.74 billion Internet users in the world as at March 2017.
- Projected number of drones in the US by 2020: 7 million
- The number of people using the Internet in China is more than double the population of the U.S.
- The internet influenced sales to the tune of $2.1 trillion in 2016.
- Estimated number of commercial drones in the air in 2018: 600,000
- Over 2 million blog posts are published on the Internet every day.
- Over 5.5 billion Google searches are made every day.
- There are 1,547 domain name extensions (TLDs) as at the 17th of August 2017.
- The most expensive domain name ever sold is LasVegas.com, which was bought in 2005 for a $90 million.
- As at August 2017, there are 1.24 billion websites in the world.
- Percentage of Americans interested in drone deliveries: 47%
- Largest concern about drone deliveries among Americans: Theft Concerns (72%) and Damaged Packages (72%)
- Top industry using drones in America: Photography
- The world’s first website was published on August 6, 1991 by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee.
- 51.8 percent of all internet traffic comes from bots, while only 48.2 percent of internet traffic comes from humans.
- Google is the world’s most visited website, followed by Youtube and Facebook. Chinese search engine Baidu is the world’s fourth most visited website.
- The e-commerce industry is responsible for about $2 trillion in annual sales.
- 95 percent of Americans shop online at least yearly.
- Second largest industry using drones in America: Real Estate
- People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online.
- Men spend 28 percent more money online than women.
- Of the sales that occur through online marketplaces, Amazon is responsible for about 80 percent of sales.
- The best day to send an email is on a Wednesday, and the worst day to send an email is on a Thursday.
- 8 out of 10 consumers will shop online if offered free shipping.
- Project size of the drone industry in 2020: $13 Billion
- There are more mobile Internet users than desktop Internet users. There are 3.5 billion global mobile Internet users as at August 2017.
- 72 percent of females and 59 percent of males have abandoned a purchase due to shipping costs.
- 78 percent of shoppers want e-commerce sites to include more images on their products pages.
- There are 2.79 billion active social media users in the world. This is an increase of 21 percent from 2016.
- Facebook now has over 2.01 billion monthly active users.
- Projected value of the drone industry by 2025: $90 Billion
- Instagram has 700 million monthly active users. 28 percent of adult internet users use Instagram.
- Twitter has 328 million monthly active users.
- LinkedIn has 112.5 million monthly active users.
- Projected number of small, hobbyist drones in use by 2021: 3.5 million
- Social media influences the shopping activities of 23 percent of online shoppers.
- Social media ad spend is expected to overtake newspaper ad spend by 2019.
CAPTURE EVERY POV. PLUS ONE.
360fly 4K First-Person POV.
immersive, interactive 360° world of 360fly
Life doesn’t just come at you straight on. Which is why the 360fly 4K and 360fly HD put you in the center of the action while capturing the entire world all around you.
Go from recording in 360° video to standard 16:9 format and back with ease. With the 360fly 4K’s First-Person mode activated, just orient or mount your camera with its lens facing forward and OnePush button centered/facing up and use your 360fly like traditional point-and-shoot action cameras.