Nicholas Arndt, Photographer
Thank you American Veterans for the freedoms we enjoy in America!
Happy Memorial Day
Lake Michigan • Wisconsin Drone Pilots
Drone Aerial Photography • Union Star Cheese Factory • Fremont, Wisconsin
7742 County Road II
Fremont, WI 54940
There are 6 million searches per second on Google
Internet and Drone Industry Facts
- There are now 3.74 billion Internet users in the world as at March 2017.
- Projected number of drones in the US by 2020: 7 million
- The number of people using the Internet in China is more than double the population of the U.S.
- The internet influenced sales to the tune of $2.1 trillion in 2016.
- Estimated number of commercial drones in the air in 2018: 600,000
- Over 2 million blog posts are published on the Internet every day.
- Over 5.5 billion Google searches are made every day.
- There are 1,547 domain name extensions (TLDs) as at the 17th of August 2017.
- The most expensive domain name ever sold is LasVegas.com, which was bought in 2005 for a $90 million.
- As at August 2017, there are 1.24 billion websites in the world.
- Percentage of Americans interested in drone deliveries: 47%
- Largest concern about drone deliveries among Americans: Theft Concerns (72%) and Damaged Packages (72%)
- Top industry using drones in America: Photography
- The world’s first website was published on August 6, 1991 by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee.
- 51.8 percent of all internet traffic comes from bots, while only 48.2 percent of internet traffic comes from humans.
- Google is the world’s most visited website, followed by Youtube and Facebook. Chinese search engine Baidu is the world’s fourth most visited website.
- The e-commerce industry is responsible for about $2 trillion in annual sales.
- 95 percent of Americans shop online at least yearly.
- Second largest industry using drones in America: Real Estate
- People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online.
- Men spend 28 percent more money online than women.
- Of the sales that occur through online marketplaces, Amazon is responsible for about 80 percent of sales.
- The best day to send an email is on a Wednesday, and the worst day to send an email is on a Thursday.
- 8 out of 10 consumers will shop online if offered free shipping.
- Project size of the drone industry in 2020: $13 Billion
- There are more mobile Internet users than desktop Internet users. There are 3.5 billion global mobile Internet users as at August 2017.
- 72 percent of females and 59 percent of males have abandoned a purchase due to shipping costs.
- 78 percent of shoppers want e-commerce sites to include more images on their products pages.
- There are 2.79 billion active social media users in the world. This is an increase of 21 percent from 2016.
- Facebook now has over 2.01 billion monthly active users.
- Projected value of the drone industry by 2025: $90 Billion
- Instagram has 700 million monthly active users. 28 percent of adult internet users use Instagram.
- Twitter has 328 million monthly active users.
- LinkedIn has 112.5 million monthly active users.
- Projected number of small, hobbyist drones in use by 2021: 3.5 million
- Social media influences the shopping activities of 23 percent of online shoppers.
- Social media ad spend is expected to overtake newspaper ad spend by 2019.