Internet and Drone Industry Facts
- There are now 3.74 billion Internet users in the world as at March 2017.
- Projected number of drones in the US by 2020: 7 million
- The number of people using the Internet in China is more than double the population of the U.S.
- The internet influenced sales to the tune of $2.1 trillion in 2016.
- Estimated number of commercial drones in the air in 2018: 600,000
- Over 2 million blog posts are published on the Internet every day.
- Over 5.5 billion Google searches are made every day.
- There are 1,547 domain name extensions (TLDs) as at the 17th of August 2017.
- The most expensive domain name ever sold is LasVegas.com, which was bought in 2005 for a $90 million.
- As at August 2017, there are 1.24 billion websites in the world.
- Percentage of Americans interested in drone deliveries: 47%
- Largest concern about drone deliveries among Americans: Theft Concerns (72%) and Damaged Packages (72%)
- Top industry using drones in America: Photography
- The world’s first website was published on August 6, 1991 by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee.
- 51.8 percent of all internet traffic comes from bots, while only 48.2 percent of internet traffic comes from humans.
- Google is the world’s most visited website, followed by Youtube and Facebook. Chinese search engine Baidu is the world’s fourth most visited website.
- The e-commerce industry is responsible for about $2 trillion in annual sales.
- 95 percent of Americans shop online at least yearly.
- Second largest industry using drones in America: Real Estate
- People spend an average of 5 hours per week shopping online.
- Men spend 28 percent more money online than women.
- Of the sales that occur through online marketplaces, Amazon is responsible for about 80 percent of sales.
- The best day to send an email is on a Wednesday, and the worst day to send an email is on a Thursday.
- 8 out of 10 consumers will shop online if offered free shipping.
- Project size of the drone industry in 2020: $13 Billion
- There are more mobile Internet users than desktop Internet users. There are 3.5 billion global mobile Internet users as at August 2017.
- 72 percent of females and 59 percent of males have abandoned a purchase due to shipping costs.
- 78 percent of shoppers want e-commerce sites to include more images on their products pages.
- There are 2.79 billion active social media users in the world. This is an increase of 21 percent from 2016.
- Facebook now has over 2.01 billion monthly active users.
- Projected value of the drone industry by 2025: $90 Billion
- Instagram has 700 million monthly active users. 28 percent of adult internet users use Instagram.
- Twitter has 328 million monthly active users.
- LinkedIn has 112.5 million monthly active users.
- Projected number of small, hobbyist drones in use by 2021: 3.5 million
- Social media influences the shopping activities of 23 percent of online shoppers.
- Social media ad spend is expected to overtake newspaper ad spend by 2019.
Sister Bay Marina, Al Johnsons Swedish Restaurant & Butik, Door County Wisconsin ~ Real estate photography, video, 360 virtual tours & marketing by Fox Valley Web Design LLC ~ Call us today to discuss your project 920-434-9772
GoPro, Go Fvwd
History of Hortonville
“The Village of Hortonville was founded by Alonzo E. Horton in 1848 when he purchased land from the Governor of Wisconsin, which is now the Township of Hortonia and the Village of Hortonville. The land cost him seventy cents an acre! Later, in 1855, he traveled to California and there founded the City of San Diego. In his old age, Mr. Horton returned to Hortonville for a visit and was surprised to see how the Village had prospered. Alonzo Horton was born in 1813 and died at the age of 96 years.” (Village Directory and Commemorative History June 1976)
“Always an opportunist, Alonzo Eratus Horton saw the challenge of gaining riches in land speculation. He was born in Connecticut in 1813 and came to Milwaukee in May, 1836, later purchasing a home in Jefferson County about 1840 or 1841. His first wife, Sally Wright, whom he married in 1841, died five years later. He did not marry again until 1861, by which time he had left the area.
At the close of the Mexican War Horton went to St. Louis where he bought up land warrants issued to soldiers. After acquiring several for land in Wisconsin, he decided to move here. On March 25, 1848 he used Warrant Number 5896 to purchase 160 acres “on the Southwest 1/4 of Section 35 in Township 22 North, Range 15 East in the district of land subject to sale at Green Bay, Wisconsin.” In August and September he used two other warrants to buy additional acres in Section 36 T22N – R 15E. He paid the extravagant price of 70 cents per acre for the land.
One wonders how Horton was able to buy the warrants in St. Louis on February 26, 1848 and file the warrant in Green Bay on March 25, 1848, considering the difficulty of travel in late winter through dense woods. Before he could file he had to take an oath that he had seen and inspected the land and that no other settler lived on it.
The first thing Horton did was to build a cabin. Several crews were hired to build a dam on Black Otter Creek, dig a mill race, clear the site for a mill, and lay the foundation for the mill. One again wonders where the men were found willing to leave their homes and come to an unsettled area to establish a new settlement. Some came by themselves, but others brought their families as soon as land was cleared and cabins built. Not until November 5, 1849 did Horton lay out his first plat for the Village of Hortonville. He then began to buy more land and sell it off as lots in the area.
As the town grew and prospered a desire for incorporation was expressed. It was not until 1894 that definite steps were taken to bring about an organization apart from the Town of Hortonia. Leonard Graef was the census taker for the area. This counting was completed the 7th day of June 1894 with 813 inhabitants being registered. On June 18, 1894, this list was presented to the Honorable John Goodland, Circuit Judge, Outagamie County, State of Wisconsin.
Notice of application for incorporation was published in The Weekly Review once each week for six weeks. After the required publications, the incorporation was completed on the 11th day of August 1894. When in September an election was held to determine the will of the electors, 171 votes were cast. Of these 101 favored incorporation.
The first officers for the Village of Hortonville were elected November 3, 1894.” (Hortonville Centennial Village Directory 1994)
Winter 2016 ~ Fox Valley Web Design LLC offers custom website design, WordPress development, E-commerce / online store development, custom PHP programming, HTML 5 programming, CSS programming, jQuery programming, drone aerial photography, professional product photography, commercial photography, real estate photography, 4K Video production & editing, affordable hosting plans for any size site, dedicated servers, search engine optimization, search engine submissions, SEO services, SEO reporting, keyword research, business strategy, graphic design, vector artwork, and 360 virtual tours.